Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, November 01, 2003

And They're Off...

NaNoWriMo started for those of us on the East coast an hour and twenty minutes ago. An hour and ten minutes in I had written 1711 words! I can't say anything but, WOW!!! I had expected to start slow and maybe manage a couple hundred, but I've already surpassed my daily minimum, and there are still 22 and a half hours in the day.

Of course, I'm going to bed as soon as I finish this, because I can no longer spell, and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. I knew I should have cracked open the Nutter Butters and Nutella tonight.

As far as story, my first MC has a totally different voice than I'd expected, and she works as a receptionist at a pediatrician's office. Where the heck did that come from? So far, it's looking good, and a few hours from now, all three characters will be onstage, as it were.

Will I be able to sustain the letter writing thing for the rest of the novel? I certainly hope so. Yay me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home