Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Back Out of Whack

The past two days of shoveling did a number on my back. I can move, but it hurts. It's just the right middle, but it's enough. No more shoveling for me, luckily we broke freezing today and are supposed to again tomorrow. No exercising for a bit either, I believe, which is sort of a bummer. But since I can't turn my head all the way to either side or sneeze without discomfort, working out doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?

I worked on the-hat-to-cover-my-ears for a while this evening, and will a bit more probably. I spent some time on my second sock at lunch and while manning the reception desk at work. I had more trouble dividing the stitches for this sock than for any of the other four I have begun, it was ridiculous, not to mention embarrassing. But that part is done and I'm on my way. I'll work on it some more when I sit at the phones again in the morning. It's nice to have an excuse to knit at work, rare as that may be.

As long as the weather doesn't get unexpectedly ugly tomorrow or my back doesn't completely seize up, I'm planning on going to Buckhill Books to knit tomorrow evening. Of course, a month later and I'll be working on the second of the same pair of socks...But let's not get into that, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home