Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year

I wish anyone who reads this a happy new year and I hope that whatever you are looking for in 2005 will make its way to you. I'd thought of doing the standard year-end wrap-up, but it would be exhausting and depressing, so I'll just say that I'm looking forward to seeing what 2005 has to offer.

I'm also not doing a list of resolutions, since the one I posted last year had little or no effect on what I actually did with my time and talents. I have ideas about what I want out of the time ahead, but other than saying I want to move myself forward in various ways, I think I'll keep the details to myself.

Wednesday I went to a knitting circle suggested by Michelle in a comment. I don't believe she ended up attending, but it was fun and I will probably go again. It is held at Buckhill Book Shop and was a relaxed and welcoming group. I'm not fond of meeting strangers, as a rule, but I've decided that I need to break out of my hermit-like existence, and this was a step I could take toward that while getting knitting done at the same time.

I feel like I should mention the tsunamis and resultant devastation, but I am primarily at a loss for words about the situation. Give what you can and take it as a reminder that natural forces are still to be respected and heeded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home