Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Buckhill, Take Two

I actually dragged myself to Buckhill Books to knit this evening, even though my back is still bothering me. It was nice, but I only really did an hour because it got going late and I left early. I worked on my hat and my sock, other people were doing sweaters, bags, ponchos, headbands... Quite an assortment. I'll probably go again, it's good not to be a hermit all of the time.

My back is still tight. I woke myself up everytime I changed position last night, even after having it rubbed and tiger-balmed before bed. I took ibuprofen in the morning and some semi-generic back pain medicine in the afternoon, but nothing has done much good. If it wakes me up again tonight, I may stay home and recline tomorrow, but no decisions are being made right now.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I just finished reading Sock, by Penn Jillette. I know it sounds knitting-related, but it's not. I had a hard time getting into it because the style and language weren't quite up my alley, but I ended up being drawn in. By the time I finished it, I had to admit that I'd enjoyed it. So, if you're in the mood for a book narrated by a sock monkey, with lots of pop culture references, go for it. You may even borrow my copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home