Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Short Update

It's a good thing I haven't gotten around to submitting my blog to the knitting webring, I'd never be approved. I always mean to post at least once a week, but I don't post at work and many times I just don't feel like getting online at home in the evening. Enough whining.

I got my final Secret Pal box on Monday, and she made me socks! Black with bright primary colors, very cozy and they fit. I wore them to work yesterday, a little whimsy with an otherwise dignified outfit. She also sent a pair of green and purple bead earrings, a blank book (I have a thing for pretty blank books, especially in green), and a nice card, revealing herself as Julie. Thanks again for being such a great secret pal, you made my first experience with this sort of thing a lot of fun. If I ever get a new battery and film for my camera I'll take photos of my loot.

I sent my last secret pal box out on Tuesday, I'll wait until I know my pal has received it before I reveal who I was a pal to. I hope I was as good to my pal as mine was to me.

Thanksgiving was nice and relaxing, my fears of strangeness were for naught. We did shrink the turkey and end up without gravy, but other than that, it was practically hitchless. It's been a hard year, but I am thankful that my family has been able to pull together, rather than shatter, through all of it. It was nice to spend an afternoon hanging out with my parents, and they were very appreciative of getting to eat and not having to host or cook. My mother did provide an apple pie and chocolate chip cookies, but she was happy to stick with dessert.

The project I was keeping a secret is no longer a secret, and it's finished. I made a Hallowig in lime green Red Heart Kids. I hate acrylic as a rule, but this didn't set my teeth on edge. I'm not planning on becoming a habitual user or anything, but it wasn't as awful as it could have been. Of course, why my first hat had to be this one, I'll never know. I'm hoping it'll be a hit at the white elephant party, I think I'll get a Styrofoam head to display it on in the box, it'll up the kitsch factor and help with the presentation.

I guess that's it for this evening, remind me to tell you about the squirrel in the stairwell next time, okay?

2 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...tell us about the squirrel in the stairwell!

Julie

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger claudia said...

Hi Faith. Thanks for the birthday wishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home