Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Fear of Yarn

Have I mentioned that I have ordered and received enough yarn from Elann to make an entire sweater? Have I also mentioned that I'm pretty much terrified to get started on it? I've never made a sweater. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to, but I lack the confidence to just dive in, it's pathetic, I realize this. Part of the problem is that I know I'll have to go up in needle size to get gauge and I don't have the needles yet.

I have major confidence problems in so many areas of my life, why does it have to seep into my knitting as well? Knitting is mostly about relaxation and process to me. I don't worry that I don't knit terribly fast, but I don't want to be so paralyzed by self-doubt that I can't even start a big project.

Meanwhile...I got to the end of the cuff of the sock I'm working on, but that's the only knitting I've done for a couple of days, I'm not sure what my problem is. I'm starting to feel more comfortable with dpns now, I'm happy about that.

Hmm, not sure what the point of this post was in the first place, but there you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home