Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Not a Habit

I'd like to make posting here more of a habit, but it just doesn't seem to be taking yet. I don't feel comfortable posting at work, and I don't always get online at home in the evening. One of these days I'll figure out a balance, I suppose.

Not much to report. I haven't been doing much writing, except emails to a friend with whom I've been out of touch for a while. I'm sure he's thrilled to be getting afternoon weather reports, but at the moment it's about as interesting as I'm getting.

I tried to start a knitting project, but I think I need to start over. The stitches are turning out too small. I'm not sure whether it's because the yarn is too thin or my stitches are pulled too tight, or some combination thereof, but I think I need to pull the hundred-some stitches I've cast on and recast them more loosely as a first attempt at fixing things. If that doesn't work, I'll have to come up with something else, altering the size, maybe.

I haven't talked to the folks about the nephews since I was over on the weekend. All I know is they ran me ragged and I was only there for six hours or so. I don't know how my parents are going to be able to sustain the energy to keep up with them on an ongoing basis. I have a huge amount of respect for their commitment to keeping things together.

I had lunch at one of my favorite places yesterday, and when I paid for my food, the woman behind the counter said, "Your hands are beautiful." I don't get that from many people. Only... Well, very few. My hands are asymmetrical and scarred and often awkward, so her out-of-the blue comment made me feel good. I should make more of a point of viewing them that way, maybe.

Racquetball was good, if slightly short. We hadn't played in a couple of weeks, and it showed. But we have fun and don't bother keeping score and laugh when things go wrong for no real reason. Exercise and quality time, what more could I ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home