Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, January 31, 2004

Just Plain Cold

After the snow day we had an early close and a delayed start. And we're supposed to get hit hard again Monday or Tuesday. I know it's only the end of January, but I'm already tired of winter.

I'm tired of spinning my wheels nearly every time I pull into or out of a parking space on my street. I'm tired of not being able to see the pavement on my block, I'm tired of wearing my heavy brown boots everywhere I go, and I'm tired of being cold nearly constantly. I know this is the Northeast, but it doesn't make me any less tired of the season.

I'm convinced that getting up early is the right thing to do. This week I was thrown off by the strange scheduling, I only did it a couple of days, and I felt the absence. Back to it on Monday, most definitely.

I sent a query out today! I don't know what my chances are of having it accepted, I don't know how good it was when I sent it, but it's out the door and that alone is enough to make me happy and moderately proud of myself.

Today I have typing and writing and reading and video watching to do. I'm hoping for productive, but I can feel myself sliding toward dozy. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home