Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Belated Blog-iversary to Me

Yes, my blog turned one on the 27th and I missed it. Sorry I've been absent for almost two weeks, I just haven't gotten my act together on much of anything lately.

NaNoWriMo begins tomorrow. My current plan of attack is to stay up until midnight today to get at least the first few sentences done, then get into a regular rhythm later in the day tomorrow. I ruminated on my main character while distributing Hallowe'en candy on Friday, and began writing more backstory for her yesterday. The story is already beginning to veer from my original idea, but that's probably not a bad thing, it needed refinement anyway. I so hope that I will be able to finish this time, anyone reading this can feel free to prompt, encourage, or otherwise harangue me about it.

In knitting news, I'm 3/4 of the way through my pink and purple baby blanket and I cast on for the first of my second pair of socks. I'm using DPNs this time, I'll see how that goes.

We went to a Hallowe'en party last night, I wore my vintage silk dragon pajamas, a black wig, and a gold mask with feathers, strange. It was a decent party, but there were a lot of people there and I all but had a panic attack toward the end of it. I hope this is not the beginning of a trend, that would be disconcerting.

I'll be back tomorrow at the latest with my first word count. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home