Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Goodbyes and City Adventures

My boss had her going away party and slightly early last day today. She only became my boss a few months ago, but we've worked together for over four-and-a-half years. She has been a good friend and soundingboard during that time, and I'm going to miss being able to pop into her office and say hi. But she's leaving for a wonderful opportunity and starting her new job by jetting off to Europe for a week.

I gave her the red eyelash scarf (which I did NOT photograph) wrapped around a couple of boxes of Coffee Nips (she got four boxes all told). She was pleased, though I did give her an out and told her she wasn't obligated to wear it. I know we'll probably stay in touch, but I don't know about the impending transition. I'll survive, but it won't be particularly comfortable. Have I mentioned that "Registrar" is not my ideal job title?

To prepare myself for this uncomfortable transition, I'm going to visit my sister in New York. We'll spend a day wandering around Manhattan and another day plus in Brooklyn. We don't spend a ton of time together, so this should be nice. I don't have any real itinerary planned, but I found a list of yarn shops, so I'll probably visit a couple. I'm also going to take my point-and-shoot camera and a couple of rolls of film. I'd thought about taking my manual camera, but I don't feel like drawing extra attention to myself. Maybe I still will, depends on what else I take and what bag I use. I hate packing, even though I supposedly enjoy traveling, go figure.

There probably won't be any updates while I'm away, but for my possible audience of one, I'll fill you in when I get back on Sunday. Have a nice weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home