Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Nano Day 2 -- 2009

The total is 4441, in case anyone is interested. I probably should have gotten more done today, but I have been caught up in election anxiety. I've done 2000+ each day so far, so I'm satisfied. I don't feel the need to get the 50k done in three days, so that is plenty. I hope to get higher numbers on weekends, but I'm not going to stress out about it. The competitive thing on the boards is not helping me this year, it's stressing me out more than anything, even though I'm doing what I want to be doing.

The story is taking a while for me to get into, I think the material may be too close for me to deal with effectively, I may have to change direction slightly if I want to make it this time.

I voted after work today, number 482 at my polling place. I waited for about 15 minutes, and there were probably twenty or more people waiting behind me. At this point, NBC has called Pennsylvania for Kerry, about which I am extremely pleased, but it's not over yet, and I'll have to wait until morning before I learn much more.

No knitting today since it took me so long to get my words in, but I did manage to get the new DVD/VCR player working, so that was a little thrill for me.

Have a good night, all, and think good (Democratic) thoughts for what tomorrow morning will bring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home