Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

V! A! C-A-T! I-O-N!

Yes, starting today, I am off until the 31st. I don't know what I'm going to do with the time, frankly, but the not going to work part is a huge plus. I think today will involve laundry and other cleaning-type activities.

The thought of a day in New York has crossed my mind, but I don't know if I feel like spending the money to take the train, and I'm certainly not driving there.

I'll play it by ear. I stocked up on light reading at the library yesterday when I returned No Idle Hands: A Social History of American Knitting. It was an excellent read, by the way, interesting to see the war-effort cycles and how lifestyle trends influenced what people were knitting and vice versa, to some extent.

It's lovely out today, but yesterday was rainy and cold, which, I believe, is what lead to my leaving the library with three novels, one memoir, and two DVDs. I finished the shortest novel last night.

Have a great weekend everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home