Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Just Enough Beer

I'm not much of a drinker. I had a Black and Tan with dinner at O'Halloran's Pub a few blocks from my house. It was just enough to make me nice and sleepy without making me drunk or heavy-feeling.

Ebbie is out jamming this evening, and I just wasn't in the mood to sit at home alone all evening. At first I was going to go to giant corporate restaurant X and have a glass of prosecco with whatever I chose for dinner, in memory of an Italian restaurant in Germany, but the line looked too long and I couldn't be bothered. So I sat in the cafe of giant corporate bookstore Y and leafed through a magazine instead. I had Washing Silver with me, but, I'm ashamed to say, I didn't even open it.

After leafing through, but not buying, the magazine, I checked the prospects of X again: still too busy, at least to my mind. The sun was setting as I went back to my car, and I kept wishing I could catch the light on film before it (typed:"I") disappeared. I was mildly annoyed with the people leaning against my dirty white car in the parking lot, but not enough to do any more than look at them pointedly as I put my key in the ignition.

I was still sort of fixating on the sunset as I started home, so I drove up to a parking lot that sits higher than most of the stuff around. Great idea, I took probably half a roll of film as the light changed, doing my best to keep power lines and ugly buildings out of the frame. I don't quite know what I ended up with, since I'm still working entirely with film, but it'll be fun to find out.

I need to reload the camera tonight so that I can take it with me tomorrow and take photos of the various exuberantly blooming trees around town. I was going to today, but it just didn't happen. Except for the wisteria in the front bed, I got that on my way back to work after lunch.

I hope you had a good day and are having a nice evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home