Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Long Absence, Sorry

I don't know why I haven't posted for a while, I guess I haven't thought I had much interesting to say.

I thought of a couple of things:

1. Last weekend my mom gave me a large bag containing 30 balls of Patons Pure Wool Superwash (DK) in colors Aster, Granite, and Evergreen. 10 balls of each, for which she paid a grand total of $3.00! Yes, I'm not missing any zeroes, three dollars, total. I have no idea what I'm going to use them for yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

2. When I was talking to her about the amazingly cheap wool ($3.00/30 balls!!), she told me a story about a fleece she acquired at some point. She doesn't knit much and spins only occasionally and only in her role as docent at a living history museum. So, she got a fleece, and it was dirty and greasy, and she knew she would need to wash it before she could do anything with it.

You know the end yet? How about the middle? Sure you do...

She filled a tub with HOT SOAPY water, put the fleece in it, and commenced to swish and scrub to get rid of all of that dirt and grease... and ended up with the world's largest piece of semi-dirty, semi-greasy felt. I don't think she's done anything else with a fleece since, as far as I know. But I didn't know about that one until last weekend.

I try not to laugh at my mother's mistakes as a rule, especially not when she's telling me about them, but I couldn't help it. At least we were both laughing.

3. I finished my dad's socks last night, they are currently reclining in front of a fan after their bath. I'll give them to him tomorrow. They should have gone much more quickly than they did, but we won't think about that.

I think that's it for the moment. I'll try to be back sooner next time, but I make no guarantees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home