Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Open Mic

We went to an open mic poetry event last night. I used to read at them regularly, but these days I attend as a spectator. There was a broad mix of readers in terms of style, subject and technique. I liked a lot of it, and am always floored by people who can recite long pieces from memory.

Although I didn't read, I did have a couple of moments of inspiration, which is why I'm always careful to keep a small notebook and pen with me at these things.

As far as knitting goes, I'm nearly done with the thumb gusset on the second Knuck, but I'm afraid there may be problems...

It has rained all day, there's ice on all sorts of things outside, and I think I'm going to skip a party these evening because I'm just not up for human interaction.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home