Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Insomnia

I didn't sleep last night. I read all night because I couldn't fall asleep. Finally, sometime after 5:15 am I fell asleep, poorly, for about four hours. This is becoming a weekly thing with me. I've always had trouble falling asleep and staying asleep, but this is different. Now I stay awake until nearly morning one night every week and am basically useless the next day. I don't know what I would do if I had to actually go to work after nights like these.

It's an anxiety thing, I'm sure of it. I couldn't get my brain to shut off; I suddenly thought of a way to knit myself mittens (I need to make super-custom ones), I thought of all the things I could possibly (if I had months) knit people as Christmas gifts...all sorts of things rushed, unbidden, through my mind, and the only thing I could do to stop them was to read. I thought about writing them out, but I was afraid that if I wrote them, I'd end up being more awake.

I've gotten a few things done today (one row left on the first Knuck), but nothing compared to what I'd wanted to get accomplished.

Wishing you all restorative sleep.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home