Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ten Good Things

1. Sitting in a cafe watching flurries come down for the second Tuesday in a row.
2. Leaving to visit family tomorrow for a few days (my grandmother turns 80, though you wouldn't think it to see her), thereby getting respite from my all-too-familiar surroundings.
3. Finishing projects: a sweater, a pair of socks, and a pair of mittens since Christmas.
4. Casting on for my first pair of Monkey socks with my first ball of Trekking XXL (100)
5. Finding a potential source of moral support for my self-employment endeavour.
6. Re-discovering cooking from scratch; I'm getting pretty good at chopping vegetables and having them turn into soup
7. Finding the discipline for a regular meditation practice, it helps with the anxiety I carry around with me everywhere.
8. Glass spice jars finally came in. I buy them three at a time. I have more than three little plastic bags of spices, but this process seems to work better in increments at the moment.
9. Realizing that I can probably let go of a LOT of my stuff and not really miss it. That's not to say it'll happen any time soon, but when it does, I know it'll be okay.
10. Finally getting around to putting this post together. I've been thinking about it for weeks, but it took until today. Sorry for the delay (because I know you were waiting on pins and needles to hear from me!).

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS look forward to your posts! Have a great trip and hug that grandma for me.

Rosie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home