Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, November 08, 2003

NaNo Day 8 -- 5170

This is my highest day thus far, and well it should be since the previous three days were patently pathetic: 386, 147, and 752. I plead exhaustion, that's the only thing I can say in my defense.

Today, however, I made up for it. I may have been able to do a bit more than I did, but probably not much. I don't type terribly quickly, so what I did made an impression on my hands.

I still hope to do a fair amount tomorrow though. I wanted to break 20,000 by tomorrow evening, now that I've done that (Running total -- 20,610) I'm eyeing 25k by the end of the weekend. I think that's pushing it, to be honest, but one never knows.

The story is beginning to move again, but there are still plenty of unknowns on the horizon. Fun!

My other excuse for inadequate word counts this week was a disturbing call from X, it made me mad for a while, then it just made me laugh. I wish things could have gone differently, but they didn't, and there is nothing I can do about it now, even though I often wish there was. Choices have been made and they apparently won't be unmade, so I have to let any remaining guilt go because I have nothing to feel guilty about.

My reward for my nice word count tonight was a tin of sour candy with Cat in the Hat art on it. The reason I bought the tin I did? The tagline: "Give me four." The same reason I like a specific Simpsons episode in which seeing people with five fingers elicits a creeped-out response. Yes, I'm odd, but that's part of my charm. It also explains why I don't touch-type.

Always with the self-deprecating humor.

(I'm hyphen-happy this evening.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home