Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy New Year -- Welcome to 2004!

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy new year and hope that 2004 brings all that you hope for.

We actually went to a party this evening, first New Year's shindig in the nearly three years we've been dating. We both had fun and I got more compliments and comments on my new haircut than I've ever had on a haircut in my life, I think. I guess it works for me. It'd better, after the hours I spent at the salon yesterday.

Of course, the party we went to last night was full of people I'd either never met or hadn't seen for a while, so only one person even noticed anything different and he couldn't put his finger on what it was.

I felt very Mary Tyler Moore tonight with my side-parted flipped bob, short tweedy skirt and nearly knee-high boots. It worked with the atmosphere of the party. Everyone was very retro-chic, in tune with the decor of the house.

I'm not sure what the new year will bring, but I'm hoping to do all sorts of new and interesting things, or at least extend some of my current projects to points beyond where I have gone so far.

May all of your wishes, hopes, and dreams for the new year come to fruition. Best of luck in all your endeavors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home