Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Freedom and Jitters

I should be packing, but instead I've gone through stacks of old writing fragments and watched Frasier fade from the airwaves. I want to go to this conference, I think it will be good for me, but I'm nervous about interacting with two hundred strangers for three days. How lame is that?

I've found the pieces I'm going to use for the contest. One is a short children's story, one is a short poem. Most of my poetry appears to need quite a bit of work, but this one isn't bad as is. I haven't come up with any nonfiction, I just can't muster it.

The heat is verging on oppressive these days, high eighties in May is jumping the gun a bit, wouldn't you say?

Okay, so I haven't gotten any more any more interesting here, sorry about that. Anyone out there enjoy your weekend, and I'll tell you all about mine when I get back on Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home