Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Low Ebb

My emotional state today is not great. I'm moving and thinking slowly and having a tough time getting things accomplished. I've eaten nothing but junk at work, and barely bothered to eat at all when I was at lunch.

I listened to David Johansen's version of "Oh, Death" in the car, turned up to about 15, who knows what people in passing cars were thinking. I prefer the Ralph Stanley version of that song, but I don't own it. Maybe I should look into buying the "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack, mostly for that song. It makes the hair on my arms stand up every time.

I hope I am able to climb up out of this hole by Friday. Trying to network while depressed and gloomy is rarely a successful venture. These days I am adept at bumming people out in a wide radius.

I get to play racquetball in about three hours, so hopefully the exercise will help raise my spirits as well as my heart rate. And exercise is supposedly a good way to help deal with grief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home