Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Opportunities Missed...

I have been carrying my cameras with me every time I leave the house lately, just in case. I didn't take the bag with me when I went to my weekly racquetball date, but figured it was just the gym, so I didn't go back.

When we left after playing for an hour and soaking our legs in the hot tub for fifteen minutes, it had begun to rain, and I noticed a faint rainbow. As I drove toward the highway, it became more intense and broke free of the clouds. I was kicking myself for not having brought my camera to capture a perfect horizon to horizon full-prism rainbow. I tried to tell myself to just relax and just enjoy being able to see the rainbow. It worked intermittently, but as I got on the highway and was about to put the rainbow behind me, I noticed that there was a double rainbow on one end.

I am happy that I was able to look at the rainbow and enjoy it for as long as I could as I drove toward it, but I still wish I'd had my camera with me.

What does all of this say about me? I don't think I really want to know. Probably that I need to relax and know that these things come when they come and I just need to do with them what I am able at the time. If I could have gotten a picture, that would have been great, but since I couldn't, it was enough to be able to watch it through my windshield and feel as though I was driving under its arc.

I'm trying to simplify in terms of the things I own and want materially, but I should probably try to do the same with other aspects of my life as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home