Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Back to the grind

The long weekend is gone and back to work. We had a pretty good holiday, though I'm riddled with mosquito bites. We went to a couple of cookouts and witnessed small-scale fireworks in a friend's yard. We didn't go in for the professional shows, though.

I managed to increase my knitting project by three inches -- knitting during movies and conversations seems to be the way to go. I'm glad I've picked it up again, and I'm anxious to finish it, though that could still take a while. It does take me at least half an hour a row, after all, which adds up to more hours than I care to think about before it's done. I'm seriously thinking of a very basic quilt for the next baby due.

I wrote over 250 words on the 2003 nano today! I know it doesn't seem like a huge thing, but it is. I've been mired for so long that it was incredible to actually produce words of fiction.

Uncomfortably sticky, thinking of hanging out in Borders while he's at practice this evening. Or maybe hibernate instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home