Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Fake First Day

Today was officially the first day of my promotion, but since I'm basically going to be doing the same thing I've done for the past four-and-a-half years, it went by largely without comment (except by me). I wore my ceremonial grey Brooks Brothers suit and changed my voicemail and email signature, then went back to doing the same things I always do. My new boss is at the beach this week, and today was my old uber-boss's (UB) last day, so it was sort of limbo anyway.

We did manage to surprise the UB again by showing up at the bar where she and her husband were allegedly going to have dinner after work. Nearly the entire office hung out and drank and ate and talked for a while, a good time was had by all, and she's having us all out to her house next weekend. Tomorrow will be very strange.

I'm not quite sure how to approach the new old job. I feel like I should automatically kick into some higher gear activity, but at this point I don't exactly know what that should be. So I'll keep doing what I usually do until inspiration strikes, or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home