Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Short Pause

I did so well for a week, then almost lost it. Things were a little hectic for a couple of days, wandering around a street fair, finding out I'd completely forgotten my car inspection. I was informed about that by a very generous city police officer who told me without ticketing me. Thank you, whoever you are.

My car spent the day at the dealership, and I spent more on it than I usually do on vacations. But I needed the maintenance to keep the warranty valid, and I needed the inspection and emissions testing to not get ticketed, so I guess it was a fair trade.

The facade construction has entered the destruction phase. They took the name off of the front of the building and started getting rid of the awning (not really the right word, it's sort of closer to a marquee, maybe), so I made sure to get the photos of the day. Wonder if they'll consider compensation if I end up with a decent record of the way things went? I'm not counting on it, and I'm doing it more for myself than work anyway. I wanted to be able to chronicle something measurable, and this seemed to be the best choice.

I'm still not writing. I'm not happy about that, but it's just not happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home