Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Friday, June 04, 2004

Strange Day

I did more weeding and got rid of more stuff, including an electric typewriter I've had since high school, but that's not what made it strange.

Work was strange because the person who has been a boss consistently is probably leaving, and I saw more information today than I needed to about why. The whole day was sort of tense and scattered and I'm not sure what I'll come back to on Tuesday.

The strangest thing of all, though, was the brief conversation I had with X. I haven't had a civil conversation with him for years, and it wasn't too long ago that I was practically running from him. He had passed along good wishes regarding my horrible situation through mutual friends the other day. I happened to see him today when I went to buy salsa, so I screwed up my courage and walked over to thank him. It went well and stayed well for the few words we exchanged. I shook for five minutes afterward. I wish we were still friends, but it'll probably never happen, and there's nothing I can do about it.

So, strange day.

Oh, the eggs have progressed to hatchlings. I got to see one of the parent robins feeding them while I was pulling weeds. Little naked heads and giant triangular gaps accepting bits of earthworm. It was SO COOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home