Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Photo Time!

Apparently packing ten boxes of books gave me just enough energy to upload the photos of my home-to-be.



This will be my bedroom. The window has been repaired. I love the detailing at the top of the windows. I am going to get a twin bed, because it's just me, and this room would be completely overwhelmed by anything larger.













This is the living room, I'm hoping my small couch and large bookcases will all fit in here. I've measured it several times and am pretty sure they will. There is now a wool rug on the floor.

The furniture should be arriving on Saturday or Sunday, depending on my sister's, father's, Ebbie's, and the meter reader's schedules. Just one more reason to not be fond of moving.

I love the french doors between the livingroom and dining/kitchen area. They'll probably always stay open, but they're still a cool detail.


My turret nook! I'm pretty sure this is what really sold me on the place. I'm planning on putting a round table in here and some cushions on the windowseat and using it as a dining/general work area. It gets lots of sun during the day and the view is okay. Did I mention it's a third floor apartment? I do need to decide what I want to do for curtains, though, because it's going to need something.












Kitchen, etc. It's a better kitchen than the apartment I had before I moved in with Ebbie. The door at the end leads to a mini patio on the roof of the second floor. All of my furniture will have to come through that door. There is a double sink and new countertop to the right of the door, that makes me happy.













The stairs end right at the door, but I can use the landing below to store coats and shoes. I've been paring down, but I still have stuff, so space-saving measures like this are just fine in my book.

So, there you have it, the ten cent tour of my aerie. I am looking forward to getting settled, even though the leadup is driving me a little nuts.

Enjoy the rest of your weeks. I don't know when I'll be able to post again. Maybe I'll find myself somewhere with wireless access sometime soon. In the meantime, take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home