Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Happy March

Today was pretty, but tonight and tomorrow are not supposed to be. So is it only the first day of March that determines the whole lion/lamb thing?

I do have photos, though not of either pair of socks on the needles. And the photos are in a camera with dead batteries, and I'm not in the mood to dig under the veggies in the fridge for batteries, so no photos today.

My jaywalkers are growing very slowly, only one or two rows a day, but I am enjoying the pattern. Some day soon I'll take a photo of them.

My sister's socks are growing a bit faster than the jaywalkers. I'm past the gusset on the first one. I hope she likes them. She doesn't wear normal socks, so I did them with just three rows of ribbing and three rows of stockinette before beginning the heel. Luckily, she has nice shapely ankles on which short socks are flattering. I tried it on, not so flattering on my not-so-shapely ankle.

In other news, I'm on the verge of coming down with something. I'm hoping it doesn't develop into anything, but things are in the air, and it is that pre-spring-ick time of year. I'll keep you posted, aren't you thrilled?

Congratulations to all of the Olypmic knitters. I didn't join in, but I watched your progress and was thrilled by all of your accomplishments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home