Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Early to Rise

I'm not generally a morning person, particularly on days when I don't have to be. That said, I'm glad I got up at 5:35 this morning. I sat in my turret window and wrote while the sun came up flat and red through the fog. I left the house just after 6:30 and got down to market while people were still getting set up. It was so nice, because it wasn't crowded at all. I didn't need much, but if I had, the selection was excellent.

I have been so stressed out and frazzled lately, so it was nice to have a nice calm morning while the streets were mostly quiet and the dew was still on the plants.

It's going to be hot today, already really humid, so I may lay low for most of it, but that may mean I actually get some knitting done. I'm on the toe of my Lorna's sock, and I did find the other skein, so I will be able to make a complete pair.

I hope you all can find moments of calm today.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Kate said...

Sounds nice! I'll have to visit that market sometime, I've never been.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home