Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sleepy All the Time

No, really, and it's starting to get on my nerves a bit. Granted, I was up later last night than I'd planned to be, but even when I go to bed at a decent time I wake up tired and never feel like I completely wake up. Any suggestions?

I did end up having some of the giant brussels sprouts on Sunday, and I had steamed broccoli last night. Tonight I had a bowl of cereal. I probably should have had more steamed green things, but cereal it was.

I'm trying to eat a little healthier. I tend not to cook much, I can't really put my finger on what exactly I do eat (cereal is actually not terribly high on the list), but I know a lot of it is out of boxes and cans, and I'm sort of tired of that, and of letting produce turn into something else because I don't get around to eating it. At the same time, I find myself buying food when I don't need to, so I have quite a bit of stuff in boxes and cans that should be gone through before I buy more (yeah, probably a touch of hoarding behavior there -- I'm thinking it slots in quite well next to the anxiety tendencies of recent months).

I'm a member of a Curves, and there is a food drive there in March, so maybe I'll pass some of it along then so that I don't feel quite as guilty about not eating it. I need to focus on the fact that I'm fortunate enough to have food in my cupboards that I can pass along to someone who can not afford to have a surplus on hand.

Okay...so this post was all over the place, and nowhere at all, but that's okay. I just needed to put it down somewhere, since it's 9:30 and I'm ready for bed and feeling guilty for eating cold cereal for dinner rather than cooking something nutritious. Now I'm starting to repeat myself.

My day starts with a 7:30 meeting tomorrow, but I have an hour-long massage scheduled right after work, so I think that makes up for it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home