Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Am an Enigma

The visit with my family went okay, but it served to remind me just how odd I am to them, and that's without getting into religion and politics!

I am the eldest grandchild, but have not provided a single great-grandchild, and more than likely will not.

I am the first divorcee in my grandparents' brood. They've been married for 60 years, they have 6 children and 13 grandchildren (granted, the youngest two are 2 1/2 and 1, and the next youngest is 17). I've been divorced for 10 years and have not remarried or even been with the same person the entire time.

I live alone, and prefer it that way.

I am quiet and introverted.

I don't want a big house, a new car, expensive clothes...

I change jobs frequently, not because I get fired, but because I don't want to be stuck in something that eats my creativity and enjoyment of life.

It's not that they necessarily think any of this is bad (well, they're probably not thrilled with the job thing), just sort of strange. Thing is, I find them just as strange for my part, so I guess as long as we can agree to go with it, everything will be okay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home