Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Monday, December 29, 2003

Taking the plunge

I've been letting my hair grow for about three years now, and it's down to the middle of my back...until tomorrow. I've decided I need a chance, a way to redefine myself, and a new haircut should be a way to get started.

I've also been feeling frumpy lately and I think that all of this hair that I don't do anything with has something to do with it. I'm not going to go really short this time, just some sort of bob a bit above my shoulders, probably, with some new and interesting color as well, why not.

I read The North Carolina Experiment today and I swear my ex-husband is in the background of one of the photos from her trip back. Very strange, but not out of the realm of possibility, I suppose.

Racquetball again this evening. I wasn't exactly up for going, but I'm glad I did. The grip tape is still leaving black on my skin, and since I decided to experiment with switching hands this time, both hands got it.

Writing of the morning page and page long free-write variety only today, but it's better than nothing, and the two-year novel program starts on Thursday. I just hope I can follow through with it.

Oh, need to order ancient transcript to see what testing needs to be done for theoretical grad school application.

But at least a large swathe of space is cleared on my desk, the cats have a nice spot to recline in the sun, aren't I generous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home