Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, December 13, 2003

Too Crafty for Words

No, really, I've been knitting and sewing and barely writing. I've also been traveling with a camera in my pocket and taking pictures of the sunset in the police station windows. I didn't take a photo of the anatomically decorated skeleton at work, though I'm not sure why. Maybe I am just a little bit of a prude after all.

I got my first Christmas gift yesterday, my boss/whatever, gave me a copy of Stitch and Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook, by Debbie Stoller. Great fun, lots of projects which I will probably never complete, irreverent headings and factoids, and very well-explained and illustrated techniques. I'll probably stick to my fluffy scarves for a while, but there are a couple of nice sweaters in there.

I'm feeling like a fashion misfit again. I usually do, but even more so when my NY sis comes to visit. She is always so pulled together. She breezed into my office yesterday in her great grey coat, cute tan skirt with patterned tights and burgundy high-heel knee-high boots. Towering over me when she gave me a hug even though we're the same height.

She knows how to pull it off, I do not. My colleague was surprised to learn that she is my younger sister, but that has been the case with people since she was barely out of high school.

I need an updated look. I have one or two ensembles that make me look like I know what I'm doing, but that's about it. Don't quite know how to get around it, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home