Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Monday, December 22, 2003

Domestic

I learned how to quilt, I've been knitting scarves as if possessed, and tonight I scanned my river sunset photo and made a holiday card to give to my coworkers. Okay, I printed twenty and tomorrow I need to cut and fold them, but you get the point. Wait, it gets worse. I'm considering making cookies on Christmas Eve, and this weekend I made a huge pot of soup. I don't know what's come over me.

I'm not ready for Christmas, but I don't think this is the year I'll be ready even when it arrives, so I may as well just go with it. I'll be ready enough and done enough, it'll be okay.

More racquetball, and we play again tomorrow. My shoulder is a little annoyed, but I'm getting better and the modifications to the handle did make a difference.

I actually put on a skirt for work, the first time in weeks, and all sorts of people commented. I guess I should dress like a girl more often. I am such a tomboy in a lot of ways, even now. I don't know how to put stuff together most of the time, so I just don't bother trying. Wonder if I can get fashion lessons somewhere?

I'm not touching politics here for now. I'm not crazy about a lot that's going on, but so many people have articulated it much better than I ever could, so I'll leave them to it.

We've seen The Return of the King twice already and really enjoyed it both times. Kids, on the other hand, are much harder to impress these days. Oh, and women rock.

I went out to the very cold concrete back porch this morning before my shower to take photos of the gorgeous sky. If anyone has seen Peter Pan trailers, you know what kind of sky I was looking at. Five minutes later it had faded and I was glad I'd taken the couple of minutes to catch it. Of course, since I have film cameras only, it'll be a while until I see exactly what I caught.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home