Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Merry Cookie-mas

I baked cookies for seven hours today. My heels hurt and I don't even want a cookie. I was pretty good when it came to picking, actually. Maybe had a cookie-and-a-half total, maybe I'll want them more tomorrow. I made one batch each of pecan balls, chocolate peanut butter oatmeal (no bake!!), snickerdoodles, and cranberry ginger. We'll probably give most of them away. I got little tins while I was out during the first half of the day, I'll put cookies in them in the morning.

We're going to my folks in the morning for brunch, roasting a chicken for ourselves during the afternoon, and having his family over in the evening. Busier than we had originally intended, but that's okay.

I finally finished my shopping today. I only had a couple of things to get, really. There's one that I still don't have, but it's out of my hands and I'll just let the recipient know that it's coming and he'll have it as soon as possible.

I have nothing wrapped and am not motivated to begin that task at this late hour. But if I don't do it now I will really be scrambling in the morning. Quandary.

My sister abroad is supposedly arriving on home turf with the next generation in tow any day now. Of course, with the terror alert level raised and flights being delayed and cancelled across the world, who knows when she will actually make it.

I need to remember to bring my quilt in the morning to show my family. Maybe I'll have time to do a little fabric "shopping" while I'm there. It's possible that that's what everyone will get next year.

Merry Christmas to all (as long as it applies and Happy Holiday of your choosing to all the rest), and to all a good night... to not-quite-quote "'Twas the Night Before Christmas"

I need to reread The Birds' Christmas Carol, it's been a couple of years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home