Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, December 06, 2003

Lazy Saturday

I did very little of value to anyone today, but I'm okay with that. His final was cancelled due to the snow and so was his run. Smaller paycheck, but he didn't have to worry about sliding off the highway, so neither of us complained too heartily.

I spent the morning reading and dozing, trying to figure out what to get various people for Christmas, still haven't reached any firm conclusions.

Watched a bit of My Fair Lady, but the small ones were being squirrely, so we stopped and I shot a roll of him to get album cover ideas. I'm trying to take the "the more you shoot, the better chance of getting something good" approach. There were some images with potential.

We made the short hike to the shopping center at the end of our street after the "shoot" and I dropped the film at the one hour counter then sat in the cafe and read while the guys headed home after a fruitless search for snow boots. There was apparently a run on them yesterday when it was evident that we were going to get more than an inch or two. (Their boots from last season were consumed by the dog that shares their house.)

I have been rereading Natalie Goldberg's books, and I continued that and did some writing in the same vein at the cafe. He called while I was there and requested laundry detergent. I contemplated the wisdom of a cell phone. I don't know if I'll get one, but I have been thinking about it more lately.

I ended up chatting with the owner before he left, another case of hands as conversation piece. It used to really embarass and bother me when people asked me about my hands, but it doesn't anymore. They probably get more information than they are looking for when they ask now. I don't like being simply looked (stared) at, but I'll happily answer any polite question, weird, huh?

Anyway, came home, ate dinner, read Budget Living, and here I am. Just past 9 pm and I'm wondering if it's too early to go to bed. I am just so sad sometimes. Oh, well, I'll manage somehow. And if I don't at least there will have been some nights when I got plenty of sleep.

I had film in the camera and the camera in my pocket, but nothing caught my eye as photo-worthy, and this after a week of spectacular sunsets and quirky photo-ops, oh, well.

Fabric shopping tomorrow? I feel another expensive hobby coming on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home