Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Rainy Sunday

I knew it had been a bit since I'd posted, but I didn't realize I'd let an entire week pass by -- long enough for Blogger to change again, I see, how interesting.
 
I'm making progress on my blanket, I'm past the first third of the second half of the middle section, if that makes any sense to anyone but me. I've not done anything on my bucket hat for several days, my hands were bothering me and the Sugar 'n Cream cotton needs to be wrestled with. It does explain why my first scarf project upon returning to knitting took so long to do, though.
 
I'm finding myself gathering knitting patterns like crazy lately, not good, considering how slowly I knit. I'm going to Borders tomorrow evening for the monthly knitting group there, we'll see how it goes. It would be nice to meet other knitters, but I'm not holding my breath for instant rapport or anything.
 
On the writing front, not much. No fiction, but I did write a nice little diatribe when I signed MoveOn.org's petition against the Federal Marriage Amendment. Maybe I'll post it here if I think about it soon.
 
I have another camera to play with as of yesterday. He gave me his father's camera because his stepmother and daughter weren't going to use it. It's a Canon EOS Elan II with a 28-80 zoom. I need to look for a manual so that I can find out what all of the knobs and dials and buttons do. I know where the battery lives and how to load the film, so that's a start.
 
I don't think the outdoor concert is going to be in my cards this evening, it's been raining consistently since early this morning. I'll work on knitting and maybe look at some quilt fabric in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home