Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Good News/Not-So-Good News

Good: The package I sent out last week reached its destination and was appreciated. I got a card from my secret pal (Hi, secret pal, thank you!) and am to be expecting something in the mail soon. My unknown benefactor is being so nice to me so far, and I'm enjoying doing the same for someone else, this is fun.

Not-So-Good: I found out my boss is leaving next Friday and I'll have to report up a level. It could be interesting, and is just plain disconcerting all around. I wish her the best, but she's not taking me with her (kidding, sort of).

Neutral: I frogged the beginning of the sock I started, what, a month-and-a-half ago, and was left with a pile of Lana Grossa that looked like brightly colored ramen noodles. I wrapped it all around the bulk of the skein and made myself cast on again (in a smaller size) as soon as I got home from work. I'm back to having nearly three-quarters of an inch of cuff again, and it goes around my ankle rather than around the top of my calf. So, I guess it's more good than neutral.

I guess that's about it for now. The sock was my only knitting today, but it gave me a sense of accomplishment, so I guess it's okay.

Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home