Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Knitting Activity

This week is ending in a flurry of knitting-related activity. I sent a package off to my secret pal contact yesterday and I got a post card from my secret pal today, which, in addition to foretelling goodies, also informed me of the California state tree (California Redwood), capital (Sacramento) and statehood (September 9, 1850).

Happy belated birthday, California. And thank you very much secret pal! I don't know if you realize that I was born in California, though I only lived there as an infant.

I did a couple of rounds on my oversized sock yesterday, and as much as I'm enjoying the progression of the colors, I'm afraid I may just have to pull it all out and start over, this time with swatching. It's just that it looks more like a sweater cuff than a sock cuff. I have size five feet, people, and though my ankles aren't exactly delicate, they just aren't as large as this sock would suggest. I haven't decided for sure on this yet, but I guess articulating the possibility is a first step.

I worked a few more rows of Paris Loop yesterday evening and threw the whole thing over my shoulders to get an idea of the effect, it's a warm garment with all of that felted new wool. The goal is to finish it in the next two weeks so that I have it for the potential trip to New York to visit my sister and brother-in-law. I still have the details to work out for that trip, but we'll see.

The striped baby blanket is languishing. I did finish the stripe I mentioned a few days ago, but I didn't knit to the end of the first ball of purple. Maybe this weekend.

Gotta get myself organized and off to my LYS to do some shopping for my secret pal. Did I mention that this whole secret pal thing is fun? Well, it is.

Have a nice Saturday, all. Hope your weather is as lovely as mine.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you are having cooler weather than we are in California! I am working on something for you right this moment, as I read your blog! Hopefully I'll have it in the mail to you on Monday.

From: Your secret pal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home