Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Relaxing Weekend

I went to the Long's Park Art & Craft Show Sunday and Monday. It's a high quality show and there were lots of interesting and beautiful things to look at. If I'd had 2500 dollars to spend on something, it would have been on something like this, it's a painting, really, oil on canvas. I walked into his booth and instantly felt calm and relaxed.

Unfortunately, I don't have 2500 dollars to spend on a painting, so I bought smaller art from him (that very image, actually) and a black and white landscape print from Chris Coffey, who does not have a website, but does do magnificent large format and 35 mm work. Both pieces I bought also give me a peaceful feeling when I look at them and that is what I'm searching for at this point in my life.

In addition to buying art and treating the crowd simply as a maze to navigate, I also sat outside in the glorious weather and did some knitting both days. It was a calm weekend, then I had to go back to work today.

Today was the first day of school, the school at which I serve as registrar. Students don't bother reading their schedules, lose their schedules, want to change their schedules, aren't quite sure they believe their schedules, and the faculty aren't often much better. Only four more first days to go, then one more week of drop/add beyond that. I can do this. I just need to remember not to eat sugar exclusively for the first five-and-a-half hours of work during any of these upcoming days as I did today, the effects were not pretty.

I've been sending electronic things to my secret pal, she seems to be enjoying them. I've begun acquiring non-electronic items for her as well. I'm having fun and hope she is too.

I haven't heard from my secret pal yet, I hope I haven't done anything to scare him or her off. If you need any information from me, secret pal, don't hesitate to let me know.

I'm halfway through the length of my Paris Loop, and nearly done with the most recent stripe on blanket #2, I added a second ball of the raspberry color yesterday. Tonight's goal is to finish the stripe I'm working on and get knit enough into the next stripe to add the second ball of purple (I need to find the names of these colors at some point).

Enough for now, I have a list for this evening. Have a good one, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home