Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Really Long Day

The days leading up to the beginning of the semester are always hectic, but today was a doozy. I had a nearly ten hour day, which is fairly unusual, which included more unexpected student withdrawals, misprinted handbooks, and a myriad of other small frustrations. It's a good thing I like the people I work with...

I got home to a couple of very hungry cats, though I think they managed to refrain from spiteful actions. Haven't found any evidence to the contrary anyway.

Got nothing done once I got home, did maybe a round on Paris Loop, no other knitting, no writing beyond what I'm doing here and now.

Two more days of frenetic, stressful work activity, then a three-day weekend before the first week of school. As registrar, I will continue to be frenetic for an additional two weeks. I'm sure you all needed to know that.

On the up side, we have to be at work by 7:15 tomorrow, but don't really expect students until closer to 8, so I'll bring my knitting and hopefully get some done. Gotta look for the silver lining whenever possible, right?

Off to bed early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home