Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Love Through The Ages

The latest book I finished was A Natural History of Love By Diane Ackerman. It was a lushly written history of human relationships and the changing role and definition of love within them. I wasn't quite as engaged as I was when I read her A Natural History of the Senses, but I still enjoyed her take on the history of love and the way it has evolved long with society.

There is no writing news, though I'm hoping to change that this evening.

As far as knitting goes, I have been neglecting the striped baby blanket and the huge sock in favor of Paris Loop. I'm enjoying how fast it's knitting and the texture of the Gedifra Cicco, not to mention the color. This is bound to be my quickest knitting project so far, very cool.

I spent some time this afternoon putting knitting notes into this. I looked at it several times before I broke down and bought it; what can I say, I'm a sucker for pretty blank books.

I'm getting antsy waiting to get my secret pal match, I keep seeing blogs of people who are signed up who have gotten theirs already. I'm hoping to have a lot of fun with this.

Enough for now, enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home