Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Paris Loop and Family Day

I began knitting
  • Paris Loop
  • yesterday after stopping at Oh Susannah for needles. She has been rearranging things since I was in last and it was much easier to see just how much beautiful fiber she has, all sorts of things I've been reading about on various knitting blogs but have not used or even seen yet. How exciting, and expensive.

    I'm three or four inches into this project already, it's knitting up very quickly and the yarn is interesting to work with. For as bulky as it is, it's very light, practically flyaway. I had a bit of trouble starting off when I was purling into the first row of mesh loops, but that worked itself out quickly. I love Lichen as a color. A nice dark green with tiny bits of pinky-purple in the wool parts. I know I need to get back to the baby blanket and the socks, but I'm having fun working on something that is flying off the needles.

    I spent most of yesterday with my parents and next-in-line sister, I hadn't done that for a while. I went shopping with my sister, who is so manhattan these days, then we went back to my parents' place and watch a hummingbird zip around feeding on all of the red flowers Mom has planted to attract the species. I was torn between wishing my camera was immediately at the ready and just enjoying the moment for what it was. I did take photos of huge garden spiders on their webs and what appeared to be a pregnant praying mantis with a big purple abdomen.

    It was a good day, I need to do that more often, I think.

    Today will be knitting, maybe writing, and going to see Brave Combo at Long's Park this evening. It's the last concert of the summer, and it's a good one.

    Enjoy your Sunday.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home