Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Monday, January 31, 2005

An Actual Finished Object, Again!

Yes, you read correctly. I finished the hat yesterday and I finished a pair of fingerless mitts in the same yarn this evening. They are from no pattern that exists, since any pattern would need dramatic revision to fit me anyway. I'm really pleased that I managed to wing it and make something that fits and serves the purpose. They aren't the most elegant things ever created with sticks and string, but they aren't hideous either. I think the thing I'm most proud of is the thumb gusset on the left one, which was definitely an afterthought. If I get my act together in the next day or two, I'll take photos of them.

Now, I must have a bowl of cereal and think about going to bed. I had another night of waking up every couple of hours all night long. It's getting to be a habit and I'm not sure how to break it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home