Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Convivial Knitting

I spent a pleasant hour this afternoon knitting with Michelle and Rachel at the gallery Rachel has a partnership in. I think we all had a nice time, despite the puppy Elvira's determination to eat all of my possessions. My Sophie was spared and all was right with the world. I imagine we'll try it again, Rachel is planning to make it weekly, I believe.

I finished the-hat-to-cover-my-ears just before I went a-knitting. It's a bit large through the back of the head, but nothing I can't live with. Of course, this coming week will be in the 30s and 40s, so I probably won't need quite that much hat, but I'm ready for the next cold snap. I'm working on fingerless mitts with the rest of the Red Licorice. The left's basically done (I may pick up stitches for a thumb gusset of some sort) and I'm making progress on the right. They are definitely distinctly left and right. I'll pretend that I am on the ball and say that maybe I'll take pictures when I'm done.

A lot of the left mitt was done while watching Before Sunset, which I loved. I bought a used copy today and will probably watch it again before the week is out. I want to go back to Paris again, watching the movie made me miss it and I've only been there three times for a weekend each time.

I wish everyone the best for the coming week.

P.S. My back is nearly normal again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home