Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Resting Quietly

My nephews died a year ago today. I took the day off because I wasn't sure how I would react. It has not been extreme. I have spent the day resting, reading, thinking. It is a lovely day, and was suggested that I maybe go to the park. I have stayed at home all day instead.

I did not go to the cemetery, I don't often visit graves of people I once knew.

I have not spoken to my family. I hope it doesn't sound horrible or ungrateful, but I just couldn't. If anyone calls me, of course I will speak to them. I, however, was unable to pick up the phone.

I miss the children, and abhor the resultant situation, but being quiet for today was enough for now. Tomorrow I will get up and go back to work and take the rest of it as it comes.

1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Thinking of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home