Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Welcome Back Sophie!

Someone found my bag! It was found in a laundromat a few blocks from where I had left it, the reason I didn't get it back sooner was because the people who found it figured the owner would come in to claim it. When no one showed, they looked for ID and called.

The only thing missing was a book of stamps. It means I'll have to buy more stamps, but I think I can live with that. But my sock knitting and sock needles were intact, and I have to replace fewer things than I'd expected.

I realized last night that I hadn't knit a stitch since I lost my bag. As soon as I could after I got it back, I did a bit on my sock, and this evening I've turned the heel on my dad's sock and have begun gusset decreases. Still don't know what I'm going to do about Klaralund yet. I'll have to think about that one tomorrow.

I don't generally like to get too attached to stuff, but I definitely took the loss of the bag and the partial sock hard. I am sure it was because of the work I put into them. It has to be, right?

By the way, Michelle, thank you for your kind words in response to yesterday's post, they did help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home