Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Seam-ly

Yes, I finished the second sleeve of Big Sack early this afternoon, and I just finished seaming the sleeves to the front. I just need to sew the back to the left sleeve , then I can pick up the stitches for the neck. I still haven't decided whether I want the rolled neck or the turtleneck. Probably the turtleneck, for some reason.

I certainly hope I've done the seaming right. It looks like it should be okay. I did it from the tops of the pieces down the diagonals. I started it from the other direction at first and had to pick it out because it was looking awful. Keep your fingers crossed that this sweater stays together, okay?

I haven't gone out today, it's rainy and I am content to just be here. I've re-watched Before Sunset and kicked Widget off of my sweater numerous times. He is now wedged behind me on my chair, sleeping.

I've had a nice feeling of contentment for the past couple of days. Nothing has actually changed in my life that would signal a shift toward happiness, but it has filtered through. Yesterday was lovely during the day. I went for my usual walk to market, got the veggies we needed and a black Russian bagel with cream cheese for lunch. I sat on one of the benches outside of market to eat and people-watch. I thought about knitting or writing a bit, but I didn't, I just sat instead. Sometimes that's exactly what I need.

I took my time going back to the office, I took a couple of photos of spring on my way, and if I ever finish this roll of film, maybe I'll post them. I stopped at the convenience store along the way and got a 25-cent Fudjo bar. It's not the highest quality quiescently (I love that word!) frozen treat on the planet, maybe. But it's a good one, and quite the bargain for a quarter, especially when eaten in the sunshine on a beautiful spring day. My higher-ups at work were envious.

Like I said, no earth-shatteringly good news, or anything, just general contentment. And it's carried through to today when, by rights, I should be in a funk because the weather has turned again. Instead, I'm thinking of putting another of my old-standby movies on while I do another sweater seam, then try to decide whether I'd rather pick up stitches on my mom's sock or the neck of Big Sack.

I hope all of you are experiencing some level of contentment. Enjoy the rest of your weekends.

P.S. To add to the contetntment, Ebbie just brought me a pot of tulips!

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Big Sack! I love mine, eh-hem, I mean my husbands....

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger um said...

hooray for big sack! i'm keeping my fingers crossed, but i'm sure it's going to turn out perfectly.

how'd you like all the sucky rain? at least it wasn't snow. i guess i don't mind any of it, except for the wind. that's just brutal!

i'm glad you're feeling good these days. enjoy tomorrow's weather - it's going to be beautiful, i hear!

take care! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home