Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Seam-ly

Yes, I finished the second sleeve of Big Sack early this afternoon, and I just finished seaming the sleeves to the front. I just need to sew the back to the left sleeve , then I can pick up the stitches for the neck. I still haven't decided whether I want the rolled neck or the turtleneck. Probably the turtleneck, for some reason.

I certainly hope I've done the seaming right. It looks like it should be okay. I did it from the tops of the pieces down the diagonals. I started it from the other direction at first and had to pick it out because it was looking awful. Keep your fingers crossed that this sweater stays together, okay?

I haven't gone out today, it's rainy and I am content to just be here. I've re-watched Before Sunset and kicked Widget off of my sweater numerous times. He is now wedged behind me on my chair, sleeping.

I've had a nice feeling of contentment for the past couple of days. Nothing has actually changed in my life that would signal a shift toward happiness, but it has filtered through. Yesterday was lovely during the day. I went for my usual walk to market, got the veggies we needed and a black Russian bagel with cream cheese for lunch. I sat on one of the benches outside of market to eat and people-watch. I thought about knitting or writing a bit, but I didn't, I just sat instead. Sometimes that's exactly what I need.

I took my time going back to the office, I took a couple of photos of spring on my way, and if I ever finish this roll of film, maybe I'll post them. I stopped at the convenience store along the way and got a 25-cent Fudjo bar. It's not the highest quality quiescently (I love that word!) frozen treat on the planet, maybe. But it's a good one, and quite the bargain for a quarter, especially when eaten in the sunshine on a beautiful spring day. My higher-ups at work were envious.

Like I said, no earth-shatteringly good news, or anything, just general contentment. And it's carried through to today when, by rights, I should be in a funk because the weather has turned again. Instead, I'm thinking of putting another of my old-standby movies on while I do another sweater seam, then try to decide whether I'd rather pick up stitches on my mom's sock or the neck of Big Sack.

I hope all of you are experiencing some level of contentment. Enjoy the rest of your weekends.

P.S. To add to the contetntment, Ebbie just brought me a pot of tulips!

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Big Sack! I love mine, eh-hem, I mean my husbands....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home