Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sweater Progress

I finished the front of Big Sack last night and immediately cast on for the first sleeve. That would be my first sleeve ever. I'm nearly to the third set of increases, so while it's not completely flying, I am making progress. I decided yesterday that I'd like to have the sweater done by the end of April, so that I can wear it to the all-school picnic at Long's Park. It's usually still cool enough around here then for me to need a sweater. We'll see how it goes, but I'm glad to finally have a target end date, rather than just going with "whenever" as a time frame.

The two socks are stagnating, most of the way down the cuff on the second sock on both pairs and I just can't get into them. Maybe I'll work on Mom's for a while today.

I'm going to skip knitting at Gallery 141 again. Today's lame excuse is that I seem to have an irritated nerve in my left foot and don't feel like doing much moving around. Oh, and it's grey and miserable and I'd rather not have to go out anywhere. Please don't hate me, guys, and I hope you have fun.

I got my first three Netflix selections in the mail yesterday, haven't watched any of them yet. I think we'll get to them this afternoon, once Ebbie and the kids get back from grocery shopping.

Happy Spring! It'll get better from here, right?

2 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Heather said...

We missed you!! I hope the sweater looks cool! Hope to see you again soon - can you believe this weather! ICK!

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it gets better from here. The greyness is starting to really weird people out.
A little sunshine will fix us all up.

Stephanie
(yarn harlot)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home