Syndactyl Salutations

Thoughts on writing, knitting, and the world around me.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I am grumpy and unpleasant to be around

Okay, it's less true today than it was yesterday, and even then it may have been mostly in my head. I was tempted to post a sign with those words on it on my desk at work yesterday, but I refrained. I don't know why, but I am in a funk. It could be the weather, but not entirely, since yesterday was decent. I think it's just the early-Spring transition mindset, I'm hoping I'll shake it off soon, whatever it is.

I got the heel on my mom's second sock turned this evening. I did not, however, have the stamina to pick up the stitches for the gusset. I love turning heels on socks. It's the fourth time I've done it and I still think it feels like magic. I lost my printout of the basic sock pattern I use and had to print it this evening to remind myself of the intricacies of turning the heel. It seems like I'd have it down by now, but I still need to peek at the pattern from time to time.

I now know why people refer to "sleeve island". The few inches between the end of the increases and the beginning of the raglan decreases seem to be taking forever. I'm nearly there, though, I should be able to begin decreasing tomorrow evening.

In other news, I got all the initial edits from my first reread of Washing Silver put into (or taken out of) the file the other day. I have cut about 2 1/2 pages so far. I'm going to print it out again and do a more intensive read/edit session this weekend. I expect it to get smaller still before it can be expanded again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home